ACO’s Free Project Design Services
ACO’s Technical Services can assist designers in 3 areas
- Provide surface drainage layout recommendations to harmonise with flat drainable pavement design
- Assess the risk of hydraulic failure in leafy, silty or littered environments.
- Customise your grate
1. Optimum surface drainage layouts
Designers are familiar with the COST INFLUENCE CURVE, where the ability to influence project costs diminishes with time. This means that ‘unconsidered’ or ‘late decisions’ can have enormous negative impacts on projects overshooting their budgets.
ACO can assist designers make ‘correct’ early decisions on drainage concepts that benefit pavement design and can be efficiently costed. ACO will focus on:
- Minimising earthworks & pipework
- Utilising existing levels and drainage infrastructure
- Integrating other water management requirements: Rainwater harvesting or other WSUDs criteria
2. Drain performance
Pedestrian safety is as much about pond free pavements as it is heel safety.
Slot size and inlet hydraulics are trade-offs, in leafy, silty or littered environments. This topic requires serious consideration if trench drains are positioned across thresholds to buildings or other sensitive areas.
ACO can offer hydraulic calculations with blockage factors applied for both grates and channels. For more information relating to this topic visit ACO Drainage Solutions.
3. Bespoke grates
Pavements can interact physically and visually with the environment. ACO can deliver a grate that can help the designer communicate a contextual message e.g. heritage impact. For more information relating to this topic visit ACO Drain Grate Customisation article.
ACO will manage this project from ‘Art to Part’. Contact ACO directly to request this service.